3.17.2009

Getting Things Done - Part II

The First Fitting
I was little surprised at the color of my dress, but I still had a huge smile on my face as I unzipped its bag. With mom's help, I tried it on over this huge petticoat they gave me (thinking that it was the one I originally ordered) I stepped out and the seamstress immediately shooed me back into the dressing room to take it off!!! She said I didn't need one. I got pulled and poked by pins and then I had to take the dress off. (Please insert a moment of sadness because I didn't want to take it off.)Then... the saleslady tried to tell me I couldn't return the giant petticoat! Ugh. We're still in a debate about that one. How can they make me pay for something they mistakenly ordered?

And no, this is NOT my dress. Did you really think I was going to show you a picture of me trying it on?


Linens
I'd already decided on the vendor, but she and Mamma WideEyedBride spent 30 minutes convincing me that what I had picked would work. Indecision is a terrible thing! But alas, after playing with tablecloths and napkins, I had a centerpiece revelation! Woot!




Cake
Future brides take heed: if you've got a picture you want replicated make sure your vendors see it before you sign ANYTHING. We'd already signed a contract and they were trying to tell me that they could only recreate what I wanted for twice what they'd quoted me. This happened even after I'd described and drawn the thing at our first consultation! Apparently, to get 3-D look I wanted you have to use royal icing, which takes an entire day to dry and must be hand painted. Luckily, they worked with me to create a compromise.

photo from http://www.freewebs.com/emf7701/index.htm

No comments: