I don't love that...
- I can't make my hair look "different" very quickly. Any style takes a long time to do. ( Please note how it looks the same in all the formal events from the last post. Below is a formal event in my perm days.)
- People assume you are confident or mysterious when you have natural hair. (This is both a like and a dislike - more so a dislike when people want to touch your hair.
- The times I have tried to straighten my naptural hair often turn into a nightmare from the 80's. (Please see evidence of this below.)
- Sometimes my hair is just plain unruly.
- People comment that my naptural is not "doctor hair".
- I miss my swingy, flowy hair when I had a perm and....
- The fiance likes straight hair better. (Call me silly, but who doesn't want to look their best for their man?)
Now, the debate is not whether or not I should wear it straight for the wedding. But how should I get it to the straight state? A press that might turn into a frizzball in July Houston heat? Or chemicals that I'll have to keep up for a loooong time?
What would you do?