7.13.2008

Like Night and Day

I’m not the kind of girl who has dreamed of her wedding since she was five, but whenever I imagined getting married, I imagined it at night. I mean, doesn’t every bride want an evening wedding?

Of course!

So every location charges more for an evening wedding.

Yuck!

I tried to make the case to Mr. Man. I used all the excuses in the book. It’s more romantic. It will give more of a “party” feel. Less flowers and more candles means less money. We can make a super-cool exit with sparklers. The ceremony and reception won’t be rushed so they can get in another event. People will just be getting up at noon! And I’m sure I came up with something else.

Seems like the money is talking a little louder.

Others have tried to convince me that an afternoon wedding will be just as good.

Out of town guests can enjoy a night on the town later. People will dance and have fun no matter what time it starts. The people set the tone, not the time. No one wants to figure out where the centerpieces and stuff should go at ten at night when they are exhausted. And other such comments.

Brides-to-be and planners, what’s your take?

No comments: